Tuesday

Meatless Monday


I have always considered myself to be Vegetarian friendly. 
In recent years I have been eating a lot more meat because I live with someone who eats 
(what I would consider to be) a lot of meat.

For our health (and for the environment), I proposed the idea of meat free meals for one week every month. 
I think I like my friend Emily's idea better. 2 meat free meals a week. I think that is more do-able.
Yesterday was the first meat free day.
with cannellini (white kidney) beans, added oregano in with the parsley, served over whole wheat spaghetti


For dessert I made baked apples
I left the skin on some granny smith apples and added a pinch of all spice, ground cloves, and squirt of maple syrup to the yummy sugary mix.
served warm with a dollop of plain** not fat greek yogurt.
**plain yogurt is just that...PLAIN. 
I'm not sure why some people think that plain yogurt is the same as vanilla yogurt. 
It is not the same thing. Plain yogurt is tart and most people don't care for it. 
However, when you make something that sits in a sticky sugary sauce, it's usually not necessary to add syrupy sweet (vanilla) yogurt. The tart yogurt quickly becomes sweet when you mix everything together.

I'm going to melt cheddar cheese on the left overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment